Monday, February 21, 2022

Spring Mugrug


I finished my little mugrug for Spring! I found a few paper piecing patterns and changed them up a little so the dimensions would fit. If you look closely, you can see I made French Knot eyes! I wasn't even sure I would remember how to do that! 


I decided to just quilt swirls in the background. I was hoping it would create movement just as if the birds were flying!  I outlined the birds and the heart. I actually wanted them to puff up a little bit which happened after quilting the background.


Here's the back of it. I just used scraps to make this whole mini. It measures about 10" X 6".


I applied the binding and sewed the back by hand. It definitely looks more finished with the embroidered legs. I might make a few of them for gifts. Spring is only one month away! (Can't come soon enough!)




8 comments:

  1. Oh this is a sweet mugrug! The quilting is perfect for it and I like the french knot for eyes better than buttons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I figured that if I used a button, a mug or glass could wobble and possible fall over. It's nice to make a quick project for a change!

      Delete
  2. this is so adorable--really cute...Spring has to be coming soon--I hope!! The days are staying light longer now...so that is a good sign...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! It was sort of warm today too! I hope it gets better! We'll just ignore that snowstorm forecast for Friday!

      Delete
  3. Very cute. I have a pattern with Bob whites I want to make....but I am determined to finish something up first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I know what you mean! Too many nice patterns out there!

      Delete
  4. So adorable. Love the quilting and the embroidered details

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dawn! Just a little sign of spring with that stupid storm coming.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...