Thursday, February 24, 2022

I Like Thursday #130

It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to get linked to more fun and positive posts. I finally finished my sock! The pattern is Rhombus by Cookie A. This pattern is not easy and took me quite awhile. I'm hoping the next sock will knit up faster since I know what I'm doing now. Kind of!

I bought this wideback from Keepsake. I'm planning on using it as the backing for Color My World which was the BOM from The Quilt Show for 2021. I had dots in the background fabric and the whole quilt is a circle. I felt this fabric was appropriate!

My husband and I went into Boston on Tuesday for a doctor's appointment. I always love seeing the city emerge as we drive in. We were lucky there was no traffic. Sometimes, you just time it right!


We even drove by Emmanuel College. I lived in that building on the left, Loretto Hall. Massachusetts College of Pharmacy rented dorms from Emmanuel for the pharmacy students. I lived there my first 2 years of school. I was in Room 209 and I met my future best friend who lived right next door. I certainly have many great memories from my years there. So long ago now.

Enjoy your weekend! Although it was 70 here yesterday, we're getting 8-12 inches of snow tomorrow. UGH! I'll be home sewing.


 

8 comments:

  1. Love that sock! Good luck with the snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! It really wasn't that bad as far as the snow goes. We got about 8 inches.

      Delete
  2. Sewing with ya girl!!!! Hoping power stays on. Not loving the snow but I like the snow day off lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did you work on? I finally started my Swoon quilt. I bought the fabric and pattern about 10 years ago! I'm trying to use up what I have in my stash. Too much stuff!

      Delete
  3. Hi Rosemary! You can say, bring on the snow. You don't have to go out and drive in it! We had six inches last night with lake effect adding up this morning. I called in sick. HAHA! Take care. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that you didn't have to drive in it! Hope you're "feeling" better!

      Delete
  4. You have some nice "LIKES" this week, Rosemary. Hope the weather wasn't too bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! It wasn't too bad at all. It was a nice day to stay home!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...