Thursday, February 10, 2022

I Like Thursday #128


 




Welcome to I Like Thursday! LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color hosts a bunch of us quilters to post happy and uplifting posts every week. Go take a peek! As you can see, I finished Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt, Rhododendron Trail. This quilt had so many seams to line up. It was such a trial on my patience. But, it's done! Not perfect but whatever! It measures 83" X 96" approximately. Phew!


I went to CVS the other day and bought this cute little kit. I hope it actually works and I get a nice miniature rose plant. We'll see! I'm not great with plants. 


I'm redoing my sewing room. I'm getting rid of a few things and getting some new furniture. The first thing I bought was a pink chair! I'm not sure why but it had to be pink! Isn't she pretty??

A friend of mine got me this cute little canister. I'll try to use to for storage in my new sewing room. There are 2 smaller but identical canisters inside this one. I have so much to organize that I think they will come in handy.

Those are my likes! I tutored this morning so I'm posting this sort of late. Have a wonderful weekend!









13 comments:

  1. Nice finish on the Rhododendron trail. Good luck with the organization. I do ok for a few days, then work takes over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette. As I'm cleaning out my sewing room, I'm finding stuff I didn't even know I had!

      Delete
  2. Wow, your Rhododendron Trail looks great. Good luck with the roses (I've not done so well myself...). Have fun with the sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I had a computer desk in my sewing room for years but I had it removed yesterday. My room looks so much bigger! Lots to organize!

      Delete
  3. Your quilt is gorgeous. Nice job! I tried organization.......once lol. Yours will be pretty on the eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I'm sure my sewing room will become messy after I finally organize it!

      Delete
  4. Your quilt is amazing! I love it!!! Cute chair, cute cannister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Rhododendron Trail is beautiful. Congratulations on such an awesome finish!
    Can't wait to see your sewing room with the pink chair and those cute canisters.
    Hope the rose opens up for you. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! I'm starting to get that room organized but I think it will take awhile!

      Delete
  6. I so enjoyed reading your last post...amazing, you are a star! Your quilting is truly beautiful and you deserve the fame! I had a smile on my face the whole while I read it. Congratulations.
    And Rhododendron Trail proves my point! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Jocelyn! I had my little bit of fame! Thank you so much for those very nice comments!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...