Thursday, February 17, 2022

I Like Thursday #129


 It's time for I Like Thursday! Go visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to link up with more positive and uplifting posts. I hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day! I got the traditional flowers and chocolates. My roses still look nice 3 days later!


I wanted to make a little something for Spring. Can you tell I'm sick of Winter?? Anyways, I made this cute little mug rug. It still has to be quilted and I still may change things around. I'll see how it looks after I quilt and bind it. I was going to embroider bird legs after quilting and maybe add buttons for the eyes. 


My poor sock is almost done! It gets neglected at times but I'm almost at the toe. I really love the pattern. I can't believe I have to start all over again and make another one!


We had a birthday party for my son this past weekend. He's a Valentine's Day baby! I can't believe he's 30 years old! We had a nice dinner that consisted mostly of appetizers since it was also Super Bowl Sunday. I made egg rolls in the air fryer as well as his birthday cake. It was a fun time!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We're expecting rain and wind overnight. It's quite warm right now (over 60!) but the temperatures are going to plummet overnight. I'm looking forward to Spring and Summer!





15 comments:

  1. Your roses look gorgeous. I agree about tired of winter, as we had an ice storm, and now it is snowing like crazy. Sigh. Happy Birthday to your son! Love your sock it is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! Our ice and snow is gone but I hear we're having snow this afternoon. It never ends!!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful roses! That sock looks great. That mug rug will be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sock is impressive and I love those little birdies in the mg rug. I miss getting roses... how pretty they are

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! I'm going to try and quilt that mug rug today.

      Delete
  4. beautiful roses! Love the mug rug and the sock! Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your roses are such a pretty shade of red! I’m sick of winter too! But our forecast has sub zero temperatures predicted for late next week! I’m not looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy! We had warm weather for a few days but the cold came right back. We're having snow later today. Ugh.

      Delete
  6. The roses are so pretty! The little birds will look cute with embroidered legs and button eyes.

    Happy Belated Birthday to your son. Mine turned 30 last September. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I feel so old with both of my kids in their 30's. I don't like it!

      Delete
  7. Nice mugrug and yes spring can't come fast enough lol.your roses are so nice and happy belated birthday to your son

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I heard we're getting snow this afternoon. No more!!!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful red roses and how nice to celebrate that special age with your son. I find it very hard to believe that my older daughter is marching towards 50(3 years off)! She can't believe it either! Meanwhile, love your mug rug motifs. Wonderful knitting as well.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...