Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Rulers and FMQ/Fast Forward


 I finished quilting Fast Forward over the weekend. It was a tough decision to decide what fabric to use for the binding. I'm not a fan of very light bindings. I feel they get handled so much that they tend to darken from use. I found a marbled medium gray that I thought would work. I think it fits the quilt very nicely!


This is the quilt without the binding. I like how the binding frames it and makes a nice edge to the light border. The darker binding also brings out the colored fabric in the quilt. 


I like how my quilting looks.  When I decided what motifs to use, I had no idea how they would look all together. I wasn't sure if I should make the arcs in the middle of the quilt where the fabric is the same as the border. I think it really turned out well. I always like using rulers with some free motion quilting. 


My boomerang ruler made this all possible. It was a bit pricy but worth it in the end! I bought it from Deloa Jones at a quilt show in Manchester, NH. I watched a few videos and figured out what to do.  I'm so glad I pushed myself to use it. There's so many patterns you can make using this ruler.



4 comments:

  1. What gorgeous quilting, Rosemary--Lovely work on this one...
    [I don't know why but your comments are not getting to my gmail?]
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I had a fun time quilting this. Comment notifications from Blogger are always screwed up! I'm not surprised to hear it.

      Delete
  2. Wow that turned out gorgeous. I love your binding too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took awhile before I found a fabric I thought would be okay. The colors in this quilt are all muted so I couldn't pick anything too bright. This one seemed to be the best choice I had.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...