Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Swoon - Finally!


 I bought a Swoon pattern when it first came out and everyone was making them. I never got around to making my Swoon quilt until now! Over the years, I've collected all sorts of fat quarter sets in hope of making a Swoon quilt with them. I chose this Tilda fabric line, Lemon Tree. 


The directions are clear and easy to follow. These are all the pieces I needed for my first block. Each block measures 24.5" square. That's a lot bigger than what I'm used to! You only need 9 blocks to make a quilt. 


Other than flying geese pictured here, you only need to make half square triangles. Not hard at all! I forgot to take pictures of the half square triangles!


Once you put some pieces together, it just becomes a big old 9-patch! I'm already working on the next block. This might be a quick quilt for me!


12 comments:

  1. I have a swoon quilt started somewhere. LOL Love your fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! This is a very popular pattern even though it's been around for awhile.

      Delete
  2. I too have the pattern. Hmmmm swooning over yours.....do I dare???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabric choice!! I have a little bundle of Tilda fabrics waiting in the wings...very pretty block finish hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I always love Tilda fabrics. They're too pretty to resist!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful block. The Swoon pattern is so pretty and your fabrics really take it over the top. Can't wait to see what the next FQ pairing will be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susie! I really love making this pattern. It's so refreshing after the mystery quilt that used such tiny pieces.

      Delete
  5. Ooh - really pretty. Great colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done!! I've been wanting to make this block too

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...