Thursday, March 17, 2022

I Like Thursday #132












It's I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to visit more blogs that feature positive and uplifting posts. It's Thursday but also St. Patrick's Day! I tutored this morning and wore my shamrock scarf. My student, who's from Turkey, asked about wearing green on St. Patrick's Day. We read an article together explaining the wearing of the green! We had a fun class. 


Swoon block # 7 is complete! I have 2 more blocks left to make. They're actually both cut and just need to be sewn together. Swoon is such a fun quilt to make. I just might make it again! It uses up 18 fat quarters which is great since I have way too many fat quarters!


I've been using my 24" X 36" mat for close to 20 years. The lines are faded and hard to see. It's cracked in a few places. I went to JoAnn's and couldn't believe how expensive they are. I found this one at The Quilt Show. I had a coupon for 25% off. I ordered it Sunday and received it this morning. And, it's double sided! It was a lot cheaper than JoAnn's.


I also bought this pattern. I want to use up scraps and thought this was a great pattern. It measures 70" X 70". I'm looking forward to making it! Another scrap buster!

I hope you all have a great weekend! 






 

11 comments:

  1. Happy St Paddy's Day to you and yours...I like your green swoon...lovely scarf, too. I have a green sweatshirt on and matching green dangly earrings...we are Irish for sure...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! St. Patrick's Day has always been a fun day. This year is much better than the last 2 years have been.

      Delete
  2. Happy st pats day. You are killing me girl. I also wanted to buy exploding hearts but refrained.....grrrrrr. gotta get some finishes done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to make this one for awhile. I just thought it was a nice scrap buster. Maybe I'll wait for you to join me!

      Delete
  3. Cut scarf, and the fact that you have a rotary cutting mat that is 20 years old! Wow! I have the exploding heart pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I have some smaller cutting mats that I use more often. I've replaced them a lot over the years. I only use this one for large cuts.

      Delete
  4. Exploding Heart looks pretty cool. Yay for a new cutting mat! I really like your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely swooning over those Swoon blocks...couldn't resist. LOL They are so beautiful. And Exploding Heart is definitely your style too. Love the scarf and the teachable moment green provided.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...