Thursday, March 24, 2022

I Like Thursday #133


It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to read more fun and uplifting posts. I have my 9 blocks all finished for my Swoon quilt. They were so fun to make. I would definitely make this quilt again. Each block measure 24.5" square.


 I came across this picture and wanted to share it. I used to love to read about Helen Keller when I was younger. I read books and watched the movies about her incredible life. I loved seeing this picture of Patty Duke with Helen Keller. Patty Duke looks like she's fascinated by her. I wonder if she was giving advice to the young actress during the filming of The Miracle Worker. 

I just finished this book and it was wonderful! I will warn you that it's about 600 pages. I think every page was worth it. It's beautifully written and the story is wonderful.


I've had this hanging around the house since sometime in October. I keep expecting it to deteriorate but it just keeps hanging on! I bought it at the grocery store. I'm going to see how long it lasts!

I hope you all have a great weekend. It's raining and cool out today. I'm hoping for better weather!

6 comments:

  1. Love your swoon quilt. What a neat picture of Patty Duke and Helen Keller. LOL the pumpkin. I have houseplants I can't keep alive that long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I'm awful with houseplants but I can't kill that pumpkin!

      Delete
  2. Those swoon quilt blocks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swooning over your swoon. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I just finished the quilt top yesterday. So fast which is unusual for me!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...