Thursday, March 10, 2022

I Like Thursday #131


It's time for I Like Thursday! LeeAnna, over at Not Afraid of Color, encourages us to write uplifting and happy posts. You can visit her page for links to more of these posts. I saw some movement in my front yard and this is what I saw! Five deer were walking in a row. They nibbled on one of my bushes before crossing the street and heading into the woods. They're always fun to watch. I think sometimes they see me through the window but I'm not sure.


I'm up to 4 blocks for my Swoon quilt! These blocks are big (24.5 inches square) and fast! I love making these blocks. I would make this pattern again. It uses 4.25 yards of background and 18 fat quarters. 


I had ordered a wideback from Keepsake Quilting for Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt, Rhododendron Trail. However, due to supply chain issues, the fabric wouldn't be shipped until sometime in April. I decided to cancel that order and pick something new. I just got this in the mail. I feel there are so many colors in it that it would look great backing any quilt. I still have to wash it before I can load it onto the long arm.

I just finished this book and it was wonderful! The main character leaves a recording for her children to listen to after she dies. She has quite a story to tell them. It brings her children together and they discover much more about their family and where they come from. I highly recommend it!

That's my week! My student cancelled her tutoring session today so I'm enjoying a quiet morning at home. Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Love the pic of your visitors. Great fabric for the back of your Rhododendron Trail quilt, and still am in love with your swoon blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colette! The deer really surprised me! I'm enjoying my projects.

      Delete
  2. Your deer and snow photo is pretty. Your swoon blocks are coming along and you selected a nice backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I'm enjoying working on my projects.

      Delete
  3. Yay for having a morning to yourself. I love your swoon blocks. Wasn't the snow pretty? I can't believe how quickly the snow has melted already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. swooning for your quilt blocks, so good and coveting the backing fabric. Going to look for that book now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those deer in a row are precious! Love the Swoon blocks and with needing only 9 for a quilt, you will soon be done. Of course, I love the Tilda you are using too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! I love making these blocks!

      Delete
  6. Love your blocks. So pretty and your deer neighbors seem friendly
    .

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...