Saturday, March 5, 2022

Swoon 1-2-3


I'm enjoying making these Swoon blocks. As you can see, I have 3 blocks done. I need 6 more blocks and then it's time for sashing! This is so much faster than what I'm used to and I love it!


This is the second block I made. I love Tilda and this is the Lemon Tree line of fabrics. 


I just finished this third block this morning. Each block measures 24.5 inches square. 



These two pictures show a problem I encountered while making the third block. The directions assume your fat quarter measure 18" X 21". I had one fat quarter that was not quite 18 inches. Once I cut off the selvage, I was well below the amount of fabric I needed. So, I sewed a little strip to the square to make it the correct size. I ironed the seam open to cut down on the bulkiness. It's hard to notice unless you know to look for it. I do have a few extra fat quarters to use if something doesn't work out. I just hope this doesn't happen again. This pattern really uses up all of the fat quarter for one of the fabrics. You really have to be so careful!

 

8 comments:

  1. Oh SWOON is right--these are beautiful ;)))--and no one will notice that little strip--good work "making do"...that really is what quilting is all about, isn't it? Hugs from the fog Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Yes, we quilters know how to make do! It's also good to know in case I make a mistake cutting. (Happens more often than I care to admit!)

      Delete
  2. I just love the Tilda fabric you are using.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I love so many of the Tilda lines. Hard to just choose one!

      Delete
  3. Swoon is one of my favorite quilt blocks. I hope to make a king-size quilt for our bed some day. Your fabrics are so pretty. I don't think the extra little strip will be noticeable at all. Smart solution to the fabric shortage issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! I really love working on this quilt!

      Delete
  4. Thus is going to be do pretty. Love it

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...