Tuesday, March 8, 2022

More Crumb Blocks


I've been posting about my Swoon blocks but I've also been working on crumb blocks. For some reason, I thought I had made quite a few but in reality, I've only made 3! I was working on these blocks when I had to pack up my sewing room. Now that my sewing room is renovated, I got out my blue fabric and made another crumb block. These are great to work on while making Swoon blocks. 


You might be able to see that some fabric from Swoon is in this part of the crumb block. This block is fairly easy. I just put enough scraps together to from 1/4 of the finished block. Then, I add a blue strip on an angle. That's it! You make 4 and sew them together. They measure finished 12" square. Easy Peasy! And I'm actually using up scraps! This is a fun block to make. I'm not sure what I want the final size to be but I think I have a lot left to make!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh those are really neat--what fun...a nice break from Swooning ;)))
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I like using my leftover pieces from Swoon and making my crumb blocks. It makes the crumbs easier to sew together.

      Delete
  2. I would love to make crumb blocks but can't really get my head around the process...I know that sounds weird. I love the blue strip that adds some consistency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! There are lots of ways to make crumb blocks. You could start it like a log cabin block with a little square and just add to it. You could start on a triangle. Just add strips and square up once it's larger. You get the hang of it once you make a few of them. It's not as hard as it sounds.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the guidance, Rosemary!

      Delete
  3. Liking your crumbs. Like the blue to make them similar too.isnt it amazing what you can make with scraps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! You're the one who taught me to make crumb blocks. Thank you!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...