Monday, January 10, 2022

Rhododendron Trail Mystery Quilt Part 7


I've made it through Part 7 of Bonnie Hunter's Rhododendron Trail Mystery Quilt. I wish I had all the directions so I could work at my own pace. It makes me a little nervous to get the new part every Friday and wonder how much I have to get done. I've had an okay time keeping up but I tend to rush through it. Anyways, this is Block B! We made a ton of hourglass blocks a while ago and now we know why!


Before I could make Block B, I had lots of cutting of neutral fabrics. This part took awhile!


I now have a pile of Block B and still have no clue as to what this quilt will look like. 


I put a few of Block A with Block B. I have a ton of flying geese left as well as other pieces. I have no idea how they'll be placed. And there's one color we haven't even touched yet! It's kind of fun to see how the blocks play together. I'm looking forward to the big reveal which is due to happen sometime in January. I can't wait to see it!

 

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty hourglass blocks--I love reds with white...so clean looking... I felt rushed with the one mystery I tried (and left off
    doing)--too much stress for me--but I do love watching all the different color versions come together...nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! It's great to use scraps but it's not as enjoyable as I thought it would be. It's very rushed! I'll just stick with it and finish it. Too close to the end now.

      Delete
  2. It is coming along and will be pretty. I don't do them for the same reasons. Love Bonnie's quilts but the million pieces and rushing don't make it fun. Would rather make from her book or pattern at my own oace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I agree with you 100%! Remind me of this next year when I'm wondering if I should join the Mystery Quilt. I sort of wish I hadn't done it this year.

      Delete
  3. Welcome to our Ronnie Finance Ltd,


    We are currently funding Startups and existing Buisnesses at a Minimum rate of 3% Annually. Our Portfolio accepts Loan Application from different industries, ranging from Construction, Technology and Agricultural . We also render Mortgage services for home purchase.

    Are you a Consultant with leads of Loan Applicants? We have Broker programs and the payment is commission based. Kindly respond to this email, An agent will advise you on the Proceedures.

    Ronnie Finance Ltd Officer
    apply@ronniefinance.ltd
    ronniefinancehome247@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +919311856893

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...