Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Ruler Work/FMQ Fast Forward


I've been so busy posting about Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt that I've been ignoring my quilting of  Fast Forward. This quilt was designed by Victoria Findlay Wolfe. I'm working the lighter parts of the quilt with white thread. I'll go back and quilt the darker areas with a darker thread. This block is in the corners of the border. I quilted some ribbon candy in the middle but used lines and wish bone in the triangles. 


This is what I decided to do with the borders. I used my boomerang ruler to make the arcs as well as the curved crosshatching. I used a straight ruler for the lines that were spaced one inch apart.


This is just another triangle. It's bigger than the triangles found in the corner of the border. I used the same quilt motif.


I used curved lines along each side of the square but quilted pebbles in the center. I'm trying to clean up my pebbles but they're still a little messy.


This just shows an overview of the border where the blocks meet up. I like the way all the different quilt motifs look together. I'm still deciding how to quilt the dark fabric. Too much to decide!! I'll post more pictures when I finally get there!

6 comments:

  1. Wow your quilting is fabulous, Rosemary!! Just beautiful work on this hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! Quilting on my longarm is my happy place!

      Delete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday, Rosemary! I follow you on IG and that I would check out your blog. I'm trying to become a better blogger myself.

    Your quilting is gorgeous. I just do not have the skillset for anything more than cross-hatching or stitch-in-the-ditch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear from you, Jeanna! Honestly, I started by stippling on my home machine. That led me to other free motion patterns. I got a long arm and started using rulers. I've taken a few classes at MQX but basically had to push myself to practice. There are still patterns that are difficult for me but I just keep going!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...