Monday, January 17, 2022

Rhododendron Trail Mystery Quilt Part 8 (Reveal!)


This past Friday was the last part of the Rhododendron Trail Mystery Quilt by Bonnie Hunter. I placed my blocks together without the flying geese border or any sashing. I just wanted to see how my fabrics would look together. I'm happy to say I like it! We'll see how it looks once I add the sashing. I chose a marbled green fabric. I feel these colors occur in nature and should look good together.

The instructions included how to piece setting triangles. 


And we also had to piece corners. I cut out my sashing today so I'm all set to sew this all together. Piecing a quilt with blocks on point isn't fun but I'll do my best! This might take awhile!

I'm sort of glad that the reveal has happened. It was making me nervous to get directions on Friday. I never knew what to expect and I enjoy working at my own pace. I know I could have saved the directions and worked on them when I felt like it but I just couldn't do it! I tried to keep with Bonnie's speed. 

 

4 comments:

  1. WOW lots of precise piecing in this one...[umm which is why I don't do her mysteries--my piecing is never "spot on"!!] I think a green will be so pretty surrounding these...lovely work on this hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julierose! I'm so glad this one is almost done. I don't know how much more I could take!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to our Ronnie Finance Ltd,


    We are currently funding Startups and existing Buisnesses at a Minimum rate of 3% Annually. Our Portfolio accepts Loan Application from different industries, ranging from Construction, Technology and Agricultural . We also render Mortgage services for home purchase.

    Are you a Consultant with leads of Loan Applicants? We have Broker programs and the payment is commission based. Kindly respond to this email, An agent will advise you on the Proceedures.

    Ronnie Finance Ltd Officer
    apply@ronniefinance.ltd
    ronniefinancehome247@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +919311856893

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks nice. Bonnie is something with all her small parts. She's the energizer bunny. Too fast for me lol

    ReplyDelete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...