Thursday, April 14, 2022

I Like Thursday #136


It's time for I Like Thursday. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to read more fun and uplifting posts. I have 2 quilts all finished but need labels. I usually make a few at a time. They don't take long but I always tend to put it off. I use my regular sewing machine alphabet menu. I never consider a quilt finished until it's got that label!


When I went to Maker's Market last weekend, I bought this cute little purse charm. It's only about 2 inches long! I placed it on my pocketbook handles with the little chain that is attached. It's so cute! It can be a little hiding place for lipstick.


I planted a few miniature rose seeds in this pot that I bought from CVS. I  wasn't sure they would actually sprout. I hope they continue to grow! I'm not very good with plants so we'll have to see what happens!

My student surprised me with these cookies this morning! She said if I like them, she'll make me more. I haven't tried them yet but they're almond cookies that she baked from scratch! My student is very thoughtful!

That's it for this week! Have a wonderful weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Love your labels, Rosemary. I never thought to use my sewing machine font for quilt labels but it is a great idea! The little purse charm is so cute. Congratulations on your blooming roses, hope you have success with them. The cookies were a sweet gift from your student.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanna! I like that I can make labels using my machine. That makes it less of an excuse to not label when done your quilt!

      Delete
  2. Great idea for your labels! I'm not good about labeling quilts, and know I should be better about it. Hooray for growing things and cookies from students, too! When I was teaching, kids and families were very generous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a volunteer literacy tutor for adults. I only have one student and she's from Turkey. I really love meeting with her. I think I get more out of our sessions than she does!

      Delete
  3. That mini purse is adorable! Ooh - sprouts - that's always a good start! Cookies are always good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooo those cookies look good! LOVE the tiny purse charm, and I have neglected labels and sleeves for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make myself add labels to all my quilts. I wish I had started a journal documenting everything I've made but I think it's a little too late for that!

      Delete
  5. Your rose looks good. I love the purse charm.its adorable and cookies?YUM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My student was very thoughtful to make me those cookies! I'm amazed those seeds actually sprouted! Have a Happy Easter!

      Delete
  6. Love your labels Rosemary! Wishing you much success with your rose!! Have a safe and happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat labels, Rosemary. That purse charm is adorable. Good luck with the growing of the rose! Thoughtful student too. How sweet. You have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jocelyn! I'll update you on the rose as it grows. (hopefully grows!)

      Delete
  8. The little purse is very cute. I used to make my labels by hand embroidery, now I use my embroidery machine. Awe how sweet that your student brought you cookies. LOL My grandson's have a 1/2 sister that is 5 she is always making muffins and sending them home with the boys, but they are a bit skeptical, they call them Molly Muffins. I have never seen a rose grown from seed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I'll see how those roses progress. So funny they call them Molly Muffins! The cookies are all gone! They were so good!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...