Thursday, April 21, 2022

I Like Thursday #137

It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more happy and fun posts. Rhododendron Tail, this year's mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter, is finished and on my bed! The mystery quilt is always a pain but it's the fastest I'll ever make a quilt. I started it at the end of November and it's already being used! I love these fabrics contrasting against the dark wood. I'm glad I made it although I questioned myself during the process!


 My son and his girlfriend painted these quilt blocks for me. They hung them for me this past weekend when they came home for Easter. They really came out nice and look great in my sewing room.


It took me all day but I made a Vegan Brioche Easter Braid for the holiday. There are no eggs since yeast is used. I had to wait for the darn yeast to grow! Twice! But it came out great! It has a little vanilla and sugar in it. It had a really great taste.

And it's starting to look a little more like Spring out there! Today is in the high 50's with no wind. These lilacs look like they'll be blooming soon. I love the smell of lilacs. One of my favorites!

I wish you all a wonderful weekend!

14 comments:

  1. hmmmm vegan brioche. I am allergic to eggs and all the other brioche recipes have whole eggs so I never tried it. Thoughtful Easter gift from your son...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnnna! I got the brioche recipe at biancazapatka.com. Lots of great recipes there!

      Delete
  2. Rhododendron trail is gorgeous. The vegan brioche looks yummy. It seems like everyone's flowers and plants are a lot further along than here in Michigan this year. I just saw a forsythia bloom today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! Some things have bloomed up here but I'm still waiting for some flowers.

      Delete
  3. Your Rhododendron Trail is beautiful. Those painted quilt blocks are neat. That Brioche braid looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so great to see my quilt displayed on my bed!

      Delete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful. How fun of your son to paint those for your sewing room. And yes you can send me a lilac bouquet anytime. Ahhhh love them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I have the lilacs right outside my kitchen window. They smell incredible every year!

      Delete
  5. Brioche is my absolute favourite bread. I could eat a whole loaf myself!
    How neat to have those pretty painted quilts done by family; perfect for a sewing room. Best of all, seeing your gorgeous quilt on your bed! What an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I love Brioche too! Such a great taste!

      Delete
  6. Rosemary, your Rhododendron Trail is stunning on your bed! Great job, especially for persevering through all the tiny pieces that Bonnie is known for. I love lilacs too. I've been checking on a bush a couple times a week just off the bike trail. Once it blooms, I stick my nose right down into the flowers and get a good sniff. Simply the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had mixed feelings about the mystery quilts I've made. One came out nice and the other ended up not quite being my cup of tea. I've never done a BH one because there are always so many pieces to it. All of that being said, I love how your Rhododendron Trail came out. Looks great on your bed. The painted quilt blocks were a very nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're definitely taking a risk when you make a mystery quilt. I've made a few I wasn't crazy about too. I like using up a good amount of my stash with BH mystery quilts.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...