Thursday, April 28, 2022

I Like Thursday #138


It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to find links to more fun and upbeat posts. I've been sewing almost every day and I wanted to share my progress. I've made 18 Garlic Knots. They measure 8.5 inches square. They are so fun to make. I get to play with my fabric and use up my stash. They sew up very quickly.

These blocks take longer to make when compared to the Garlic Knots. I feel they look a little like stained glass. I make a 6.5 inch square crumb block. Then I cut off a diagonal and add the blue solid. These are definitely not quick but fun. I'm using up some small pieces of fabric. I still don't see a dent in my small scrap box but I'm getting there!


I always need to keep my hands busy while watching tv. I've been working on these sashiko coasters. I bought a little kit. I have one more left to make. I like that I can sew and not have to read directions. It's mindless but a nice result!


 I finished this book last week and loved it! If you like historical fiction, read this! Kate Quinn never disappoints. I still like The Rose Code a little better than The Diamond Eye, but both are really good.

That's been my week.  It's cold and windy today so I decided to stay in. My student cancelled today's tutoring session. I didn't mind staying home today. Too cold! (Where's the warm weather????)

14 comments:

  1. Your garlic knots are coming along, and I love your crumb blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary! Your Compass Star is GORGEOUS! No one is going to be looking at the quilting that closely, except you. No one! They will enjoy the overall quilt and how amazing it is. Great job!! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Roseanne. Your comment is just so nice. I can't tell you how good it made me feel!

      Delete
  3. Love the garlic knots and you are right about the crumb blocks. They do look like stained glass...very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the results you are getting with both those quilt patterns. Very nice blocks. And an added bonus to get to use up scraps too. I have a little sashiko kit somewhere, I think for a little runner. I love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to use up my stash. So glad you like my blocks!

      Delete
  5. Ooh - the garlic knots look cool all together. I really like those crumb blocks, too. Those sashiko coasters are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tried sashimi but love yours. Your garlic knot blocks are pretty and your crumbs are too. I just started a project for 1.5 strips.yeah makes a 3 x 5 block. The internet made me do it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that pesky internet! I want to see your blocks.

      Delete
  7. Love the garlic knots. I made a quilt of them a couple years ago (fall colors) and I had so much fun with them. Will definitely do another soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garlic Knots are so fun to make. Easy but look great!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...