Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Quilting Color My World


I started to quilt Color My World. I traced a spine for the feathers that I'll quilt on the borders all the way around the quilt. It's a traditional feather with meandering around it. I'll also meander in any area of the quilt that's made up of the background fabric. I'm hoping the houses will look like they're in the fore front of the quilt and the background sort of disappears. We'll see if that really works!


 I've started to outline the houses. It's so hard for me to outline on the longarm! I'm using rulers but it's so easy to quilt into the fabric, away from the seam. I'm leaving some of it but also ripping out a good amount. I finished outlining the Eiffel Tower today. It took almost 2 hours! I better start improving at outlining when this quilt is done! My quilting isn't perfect but I'm getting it done and learning a lot too! I just wish it was a little easier to do.

8 comments:

  1. Yikes--I can see why it would be so difficult--would you consider doing some hand quilting for spots like that? It would be a nice mix of quilting styles I think=-just saying...
    hugs from underneath my umbrella this morning Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Julierose, there are definitely some areas I will do by hand. Some spots are just too small for the longarm. We didn't get too much rain yesterday. I think your area got a lot!!

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to be able to quilt my own quilts but I do not have the 'creative eye' it takes. Your feathers are beautiful as I'm sure the rest of it will be also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! I wish I had more of that creative eye. I look through the internet and find ideas I like. It's hard to come up with your own quilting patterns.

      Delete
  3. Oh I hate trying to outline with the long arm, or stitch in the ditch....I call it stitch in the ditch, over the ditch, across the ditch. LOL I love your feathers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Colette, you know what I mean! I'm getting a little better at it and started fixing some of my earlier ditch work. Still a pain!!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work on those feathers. I am sure it will be beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I hope so. I've been fixing a few things and I think it looks better.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...