Tuesday, April 19, 2022

One Project Done, Two Ongoing

I finished my socks last week. This pattern took awhile but they came out great! They're all washed and gifted to my daughter. The pattern is Rhombus by Cookie A.


I started a new project. I didn't really need to start a new project but whatever! I wanted a project where I don't need to buy any background fabric. I found Bonnie Hunter's Garlic Knots pattern. 

I love playing with my stash and finding a few fabrics for each block. This won't be a quick project but I love using up my stash so I'm going to make blocks when I can! These blocks finish at 8.5inches square. 


This is my other stash project. Crumb blocks seem to take me longer to make than the garlic knots. I'll probably be working on both projects for awhile. I have too much of a fabric stash! And I'm not starting a new project for awhile. (Hopefully!)


8 comments:

  1. What gorgeous socks--beautiful work on these...I love your crumb twister blocks...so neat...I have waaay too much stash myself!!
    Hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I'm always looking for ways to use up that stash. I'd like to make it smaller and more manageable!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful socks. I too love the garlic knot. Someday....your crumbs are awesome. My fav way to sew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dawn! You taught me all about crumb blocks!

      Delete
  3. The socks are gorgeous and I love your crumb blocks. I have seen two different uses of crumb blocks today that may change my mind about them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Dawn introduced me to crumb blocks. There's a lot you can do with them. I like being able to use small pieces of fabric instead of throwing them away.

      Delete
  4. The socks are so nice, love the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a difficult pattern but they came out better than I expected!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...