Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Quilting Compass Star

There hasn't been much quilting or sewing going on here lately. My mother and I got our second Covid booster on Saturday. I was feeling a little under the weather by bedtime. The next day, I had a fever complete with body aches. Ugh! I was almost back to normal by Monday. I just felt tired. Today, I'm fine. I machine quilted the Compass Star last week which is the middle of the Color My World Quilt. 

It's not perfect but it's done! My stitching in the ditch is improving slowly but still needs work. I'm okay with it. It's the only way I'm going to learn. You can see my missteps in the closeup but not so much when looking at the entire quilt. This quilt is exceptionally hard since there are also curves and circles involved. I'm hoping after it's washed, my wobbly stitching won't be so noticeable!

8 comments:

  1. I haven't had my next booster. The last one I didn't have a problem though. You make such pretty feathers. I think we are much more critical of our quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't sure if I should even get the second booster but since I was there anyways, I got it. I'm fine now. I think we're all very critical of our own work. I see plenty room for improvement but it's all right.

      Delete
  2. We got our 2nd booster shot too; had a similar reaction...but figure better than getting really sick!!
    I love your beautiful Compass Star--what a lovely piece of work and your quilting looks just terrific to me...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was worth getting the second booster, especially now that I feel better! So glad you like my quilting! Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. I too need to get booster. Forgot about it with all going on. Your quilting looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't really want the second booster since I always get sick but it's worth it.

      Delete
  4. Your quilting on the Compass Star is beautiful. I love that you put feathers on the lighter fabric with lines on the darker side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those feathers were hard to make since the blade of that star was so narrow. Somehow, it worked out!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...