Saturday, April 2, 2022

New Pin Cushion






I made a cute little pin cushion! I got the pattern from the book, Pin Pals, by Carrie Nelson. I used my leftover triangles from the Swoon quilt. I used the Tilda fabric with the gray background fabric. 


Of course, they were a little big so I ironed first and then trimmed them down to size. I cut pieces for the sides as well as the corners. I set up my half square triangles nicely and sewed each row and then sewed the rows together.


I quilted the rows first across and then diagonally. Some areas were thick and I did break my needle. Oh, well, I probably needed a new one anyways!


I trimmed down to size and sewed write sides together. I filled the pin cushion with crushed walnut shells that I bought at PetSmart. (I still get emails asking about buying supplies for my pet reptile!)
And my pin cushion was complete! This is a nice quick project that used up some of my stash. That's always a good thing!




9 comments:

  1. Cute pin cushion! Small items are perfect for using up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Astrid! Yes, I love using my scraps and actually making something fun!

      Delete
  2. It is so pretty. Love your scraps

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely pin cushion--sometimes it's so relaxing to make a small, finish-able project, isn't it? Have a great rest of your Sunday--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty little project! 😊 xx

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...