Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Almost finished X 2!

I've been diligently working on Color My World. I've been trying to quilt 2-3 houses per day. When I can advance the quilt, I switch to my white thread and work on the borders and background. I was so surprised to see I've reached the end of the quilt! I have 5 houses left to quilt and 2 partial skyscrapers. Then I switch to white and free motion the background. I'm almost done! My quilting isn't the best but it's done. Done is better than perfect!


 This is my last sashiko coaster. Almost there! I've been stitching while watching General Hospital. (Don't tell anyone I still watch the soaps!) Now I have to figure out how to make coasters out of them! 

I have an appointment with my hairdresser tomorrow.  I have to get rid of that pesky grey stripe! 

8 comments:

  1. Good for you-- such great progress on the quilting..The sashiko is really pretty...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So nice to finish a few things for a change!

      Delete
  2. That is awesome progress. Good use of your time while watching the Soaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for almost being finished with quilting your Color My World quilt. I love the look of sashiko but I've never attempted it. General Hospital was my all time favorite soap. I started watching when I was a little girl and used to 'tape' it when I was in school or at work but fell off as the years went on. I don't think I would know anyone on the show now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You would be surprised how many of the same characters are still on General Hospital! I used to watch All My Children but started watching GH after it got cancelled.

      Delete
  4. Great progress on your quilting. It's beautiful. That sashimi project is interesting.cant wait to see the coasters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! Still figuring out how to make them into coasters!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...