Thursday, May 5, 2022

I Like Thursday #139

It's time for I Like Thursday. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to see more fun and uplifting posts. It's finally warm today. We should be getting close to 70. I love seeing this forsythia next door. It's been a blaze of color for awhile now. 


I couldn't resist this pattern! I have plenty of cat fabrics and I know my cats would love to sit in it. This pattern needs lots of heavy stabilizer. I just hope my cats wouldn't tear it apart!


I bought this fabric for the back of  Swoon. I love the delicate little flowers making that spiral pattern. I bought it online from Keepsake Quilting.


Along with the fabric, I received this set of instructions explaining how to wash fabric. I never knew there was a proper method of washing fabric. I figured I would pass it along. Let me know what you think. 

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

11 comments:

  1. Cat Napper looks cute. Love that backing fabric! I always guessed about prewashing. I figured warm water is best, but we tend to do our laundry cold. I guess I do it backwards - water too cold and dryer too hot. But I definitely do the not-quite-dry and iron. Also throw in a color catcher in the wash if the colors are dark. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use cold water too! I put it in the dryer until it's damp and then let it air dry. I use a color catcher too. Who knew this stuff??

      Delete
  2. Happy mothers day! Forsythia are so pretty in spring. Your cat1s will love that little place to rest. My Dunks would trash it. He is a brute lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid my cats will wreck it too! Not sure when I'll make it. Too much other stuff going on! Happy Mother's Day!

      Delete
  3. The cat napper looks like a fun project. Love the backing to your swoon quilt, I normally don't prewash, I like the shrinking, crinkly quilt. But I wash cold, with color catchers and I usually hang to dry. Have a fabulous Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually wash cold and air dry too! Who knew there were rules?? Enjoy and have a Happy Mother's Day!

      Delete
  4. Hi Rosemary! The forsythia is just gorgeous. I have always loved seeing them in bloom. A true sign of Spring! I didn't realize there were instructions for washing new fabrics!! HAHA - good thing I've been okay on my own for years. Happy Mother's Day. Enjoy the weekend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. cat napper!!! adorable and will be with your fabrics

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...