Friday, May 6, 2022

Color My World Quilted!

I finished quilting Color My World today! This quilt has been challenging for me. There was so much quilting in the ditch. I also tried to fill each little window and door with a quilting motif. I used rulers and free motion quilting. Some of my ideas look great, others are just okay. I'm just happy that it's done!

This is just a close up of the feathers in the border. I marked them before I even loaded the quilt top onto the longarm. Free motion quilting is so much faster than quilting in the ditch. The borders took me no time at all.


I tried to fill each little roof, windows and doors with a quilt motif. I meandered the entire background hoping that would sort of highlight each of the buildings. I'm not sure that worked but it looks good. I'm hoping I have some fabric in my stash for the binding. I was thinking of  light blue to imitate the sky.  For now, I'm just happy to look at it and know it's done!

8 comments:

  1. this is really a work of Art Rosemary--just beautiful...congratulations on your finish...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that turned out fabulous, and your quilting is awesome. What an great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. my., gosh. That quilting suits it to a tee

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...