Thursday, May 12, 2022

I Like Thursday #140


It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to find links to more fun and like minded posts. Well, Spring is finally arriving in my neck of the woods. This tree is to the left of our front door but it's so tall, it's reaches my bedroom window which is on the second floor. The pink is so pretty!

I got some great gifts for Mother's Day but I think this was my favorite. My daughter knows I love Wednesday night when Chicago Med, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD are on. She made a shirt for me to wear on my favorite night of television!

I finally got a tea strainer. I haven't seen them for awhile. I have some loose tea and haven't been able to make any tea. I'm looking forward to tasting some of my loose tea. Someone actually brought some back for me from China.


This is the last book I read and I loved it. I laughed and I cried! Elizabeth Zott is a scientist in the 1950's. She's way ahead of her time. There's so much she has to endure. There's so much working women take for granted today that we forget just how tough it used to be. It's a real eye opener.

I wish you all have a great weekend. It's actually warm to today and supposed to be even warmer over the weekend! Nice change!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! Your tree is gorgeous. Mine isn't nearly ready to bloom yet but it's worth the wait. What a thoughtful gift from your daughter for Mother's Day! Lots of things have changed for the working woman and yet we're poised to go backward in time, too. Happy Thursday! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I'm so upset about the Supreme Court leak overturning Roe. I hope it doesn't happen but I'm afraid it will.

      Delete
  2. The tree is fabulous. I was complaining today to my mom. Cold, high 20's overnight, barely in the 40's and boom we are in the 80's. Neat gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! The weather has definitely been crazy lately. It's in the 80s here today too!

      Delete
  3. Glad the wind stopped.it was crazy. Warm here too. Ahhhh can summer be far away? Dunks says hi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell Dunks that Molly and Lily say hello! What a warm day today! Just like summer! Let's see how long it lasts!

      Delete
  4. Yay for spring! We are a little behind you, but getting there. That's a very cute tea strainer. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! It's supposed to be warm all weekend. The wind is finally gone too!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous tree! Blossoms on a tree are always so special I think. Anyway, very cute and appropriate gifts for Mother's Day. I have several tea strainers and make much use of them. So many teas these days to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! Everything seems to be blooming at once. The colors are beautiful to see!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...