Thursday, May 26, 2022

I Like Thursday #142

It's time for I Like Thursday. LeeAnna,from Not Afraid of Color, hosts a bunch of us bloggers to post happy and uplifting posts. Go visit for more posts to read! My brother came to visit us this past weekend. My mom was in her glory having her 2 kids home with her. My brother lives in upstate New York so we don't see him too often. Since I'm not working, I actually got to see him a lot more than usual!

 

I sewed the backing to my Redwork piece. I still have to iron it and open up those outer seams as well as sew that opening. 

I've forgotten what it's like to have a baby. Lily has been constantly crying to go out on the deck! I have this little screen house for her. I finally put her in it to shut her up! She's actually out there sleeping right now.




I have a bunch of leftover sock yarn. I thought I'd like to make scrap socks but I wasn't sure how to incorporate the different colors into one item. I found this on a website. It's a great way to make the colors look cohesive. I'm going to try it out soon and see how it works. 

Happy Memorial Day weekend!!

9 comments:

  1. finally I can leave a comment. What a beautiful family... and thanks for the socks 'recipe"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture of your Mom and you two. I don't blame Lily wanting to sunbathe. Smart gal. The pattern or recipe to use up that yarn sounds interesting. Keep us posted I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I started knitting a sock but haven't changed yarn yet. I hope it works out!

      Delete
  3. How nice to have your brother up to visit! I like your red work. Silly kitty (but she's very pretty).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family Time is always Good Time. I so get how happy your mother was feeling. My mom is always in her glory also when us kids get together with & for her. My kitty always wants out on the deck with us but I don't think even the screen house would make her happy. I love the idea though. I also have lots of leftover sock yarn and was thinking about making scrappy socks. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that pattern to make scrappy socks works! I started my sock but haven't changed color. I'm keeping track what I'm doing to this sock so I can repeat the same variation for the other sock. I'll keep you posted!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...