Thursday, June 2, 2022

I Like Thursday #143


It's time for I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers focus on happy and uplifting posts. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to find more of these posts. I've always loved peonies but we didn't have any plants in our yard. We bought 3 plants and my husband started to plant them. We already got our first bloom! The plants aren't very big but I'm hoping they get larger over time!


It's June so I changed out some of the floral arrangements around the house. I always loved this one. It sits on a table in our foyer. I just love the colors!


I started to quilt Swoon. I quilted ribbon candy on the border. It took a while for me to decide what to do with that odd shaped space. I knew I wanted feathers and curved cross hatching. This is what I came up with! So far, so good!


Here's my scrap sock that I started last week. I posted a little formula last week to use when trying to incorporate different colored yarn into a sock. This measures around 5 inches. I like how it looks. I'm writing everything down so the mate to this sock will look similar.

It was nice over the weekend but it's been cold today and yesterday. I hope you all have great weather as well as  a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. such gorgeous flower arrangement. Great sock, I want some colorful socks but am never sure how to join colors securely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! They say you don't have to tie different colored yarn together but I still do! I've read that after using a new yarn for a few stitches it won't come out. It makes me too nervous to not tie it. I just make a small double knot.

      Delete
  2. So much to like here, Rosemary. I love peonies but we can't grow them in south Florida. Your floral arrangement is gorgeous...as is the quilting you are doing on Swoon. Hope you have a nice weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanna! I ripped out my feathers and fixed them I didn't like the angle of the right side so I quilt them again! I think they're better!

      Delete
  3. Yep cold after the gorgeous weekend last week. Your peonies are pretty.i am hoping the ones I planted this year will be nice next year. Nice quilting as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I hope the weekend is warmer. I'm cold!

      Delete
  4. Hi Rosemary! I am loving the picture from last week with you, your mom and brother. How nice! I love your choice of quilting for Swoon. The feather looks just perfect along with the curved crosshatch. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love your quilting. Yay for peonies! Ours just started to bloom today. Those should be colorful socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting is gorgeous. What a pretty arrangement. Fun socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I ripped out my feathers and quilted them again. They just didn't look right to me. I think they're better now!

      Delete
  7. Love that photo of your family...very sweet.
    Meanwhile how neat to be knitting socks and such colourful ones! A great way to use up leftover yarn of which there is always some! As Colette says, your quilting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jocelyn! You always write the sweetest comments!

      Delete
  8. I'm swooning over the quilting on your Swoon! Lovely! I love the peonies in my neighborhood. I'm sure yours will thrive & grow too. One of my neighbors has a yellow peony which is the only one of that color that I've ever seen. It's going to be fun to watch your socks develop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've heard about yellow peonies but I've never seen one. I fixed my feathers on Swoon. You'll see a post soon!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...