Monday, June 13, 2022

Holiday Table Topper

I love to make table toppers. They're quick and useful! I wanted to make something for Halloween. I found this pattern by Atkinson Designs in my drawer of patterns. I used fabric in my stash. I didn't want to buy anything to make this project. It makes the project a little more challenging!

First step was to sew these 2 colors together along their long sides. Easy enough!

The pattern says you make triangles out of rectangles and that's exactly what I did. I cut the previous piece into rectangles. These rectangles were cut on the diagonal.


And this is what I got! I then had to cut the black/grey triangles in the same manner. What a fun project! I'll quilt it once I'm done with Swoon. 

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, Rosemary. I love making table toppers. They are such a nice and easy way to change up decor...and sew up quickly enough for instant gratification.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! You're exactly right as to why table toppers are such a fun project!

      Delete
  2. Table toppers are fun. Small enough to make quick, big enough to make an impact on decor

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...