Thursday, June 23, 2022

I Like Thursday #145

It's time for fun and uplifting posts. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to link up with more blogs. We've had this rose bush for a few years but it's just been beautiful this year. The flowers are gorgeous and add such a great pop of color to the front of our house.

It was my husband's birthday last week so I had to make my white wedding cake! This is my family's favorite. You can find the recipe at peartreekitchen.com. It's easy and your friends and family will love it.

Here's a peek at my Swoon quilt that I'm busily quilting! I'm stitching lots of feathers and curved cross hatching. Some parts look better than others but that's fine. It's the only way I'm going to figure it what works.


Here are my 25 Garlic Knot blocks. They measure 16.5" square. I'll be playing around with placement as I decide the 5 X 5 block setup. This might take awhile!

I hope you all have a great weekend. We're expecting heat and humidity. It sounds like summer is finally here!

8 comments:

  1. Your rose is gorgeous. Mine is doing so, so. Love your quilting on Swoon, and can't wait to see how you layout the garlic knots, I have seen so many. Your cake looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been fooling around with the layout for garlic knots. There are so many fabrics that it's overwhelming at times!

      Delete
  2. your quilting is spectacular! I like the garlic knot blocks. Wedding cake for a birthday? Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! Yes, white wedding cake is the best cake so we use this recipe for everything! It's so easy but so good!

      Delete
  3. Belated birthday wishes to hubby and what a gorgeous looking cake. I will check that out. Oh your quilting is just so beautiful...I've bought the pattern for the swoon block. I also love those garlic knot blocks...that's one I could do I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can send you the directions for the garlic knots if you'd like. Very easy!!

      Delete
  4. Just looked up the recipe...how neat it starts with a cake mix. I will forward that to daughter who is now getting family requests for cakes. This is a good one for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jocelyn, it's an easy recipe and the cake is so good! You'll love it!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...