Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Garlic Knot Rows


The first 2 rows of my Garlic Knot quilt are sewn together! I had hoped to sew them yesterday but I didn't feel well. I had a migraine and felt awful all day. I feel much better today. 

Sewing these rows together takes time and patience! There are so many seams to line up. I like how it's coming out so it's worth it. I have 3 rows left. After that, I'll be adding a light 2.5" strip to each side. Then, a border made up of 2.5" squares. This quilt is using up a good portion of my stash but I still have lots left!

8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I had so much fun sewing mine up a couple years ago! You're inspiring me to make another one! Goodness knows I need to use up my stash...but I bet it doesn't even make a dent! LOL. Lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheree! I wish it would use more of my stash but I like how it's coming out!

      Delete
  2. Oh so sorry about the migraine--they really knock you out, don't they? i have to go into a dark room and lie down..glad you are feeling better.
    I think your garlic knots are so pretty--nice work Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I had all sorts of GI symptoms with my migraine. So glad that's over!

      Delete
  3. Loving your garlic knots. How big are the blocks.i envision a table topper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! Each block is made up of 4 blocks that measure 8.5" square. The larger blocker is 18.5" square. A table topper would be great but I'm making a good sized quilt. Anything to use up that stash!!!

      Delete
  4. I love the look of your garlic knots, but I can see that there would be a lot of seam matching.

    ReplyDelete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...