Thursday, June 30, 2022

I Like Thursday #146


It's time for a happy and uplifting post. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up with more like minded posts. We had a little rain one afternoon and I noticed everything looked orange outside after the storm was over.  I ran out and took a picture of the sky. It's so pretty! It was very striking to see.


We had a little visitor in our yard a few days ago. We have a little marsh in the woods behind our house. I have a feeling that's what this little guy was looking for! I'm not sure where he ended up. I know he didn't go near the street. I kept looking out for him.


This is our little vegetable garden. My husband wanted to try a few different vegetables this year. He has potatoes in there as well as eggplant and tomatoes. He's still adding to it. A wood chuck had found it and ate quite a few of our plants. My husband added more wire netting around it. I hope it works!


I just finished this book and absolutely loved it! It's about a sewing circle during World War II in England. They didn't start off reworking wedding dresses but they were in short supply during the war and there were lots of brides! The idea took off and became quite popular. I know that part was based on a true story. I love the fictional characters and hated to see this book end!

Enjoy the long weekend and have a Happy 4th of July!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful sky. Thanks for sharing God's artwork. The turtle may be a female looking to lay eggs. Garden looks good too

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sky is amazing. I'm trying out eggplant this year, too! I never knew the leaves were so fuzzy (nor that the blooms were purple). Good luck with your garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I hope we both get a good amount of eggplant!

      Delete
  3. Your garden looks good. Beautiful sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette. I hope we get some good veggies this year!

      Delete
  4. Love your photos and the garden looks great! Bad about the woodchuck though :( The book sounds good, might have to buy that one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! You will love that book! I hated to see it end.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...