Monday, June 6, 2022

Feathers and Curved Crosshatching

I had planned on knowing exactly how to quilt Swoon before I loaded it on the longarm. Unfortunately, I just couldn't come up with what I planned to do. So, I decided as I went along. I like the ribbon candy at the top and sides. The outer border is not very wide so I thought this was a good choice. I tried to make the crosshatching look a little elongated to make a 3D effect since it's sort of stretched out over the corner. I'm not sure it works, but I'm not changing it!

I also made the crosshatching closer in the small triangles. The area was too small. It's a little wider when paired with the feathers.


I like the curved crosshatching in the  side triangles. I thought the area between the Swoon blocks was too large for just curved crosshatching. I thought I would add feathers. These feathers are my third attempt! I always believe feathers look better if they're symmetrical. My previous feathers were not symmetrical at all. I just couldn't get the angle correct. 

This is a picture of the feathers before I fixed them. The feathers to the left are at such a weird angle! I like them better now. I learned I just can't get the correct angle unless I quilt them a specific way. I hope I improve and will be able to quilt them at any angle I want!
 

6 comments:

  1. Really love the ribbon quilting and those feathers are so lovely...Nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I feel there are so many details when it comes to quilting. So much to take into account!

      Delete
  2. I love your ribbon candy, you are so good at your quilting, and I think your feathers are fabulous. Love how your swoon quilt is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting looks amazing on Swoon. I love the curved crosshatching. I can't say I've ever seen it before but it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanna! I love the quilting process but there's so much to think about!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...