Thursday, June 9, 2022

I Like Thursday #144


It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to find links to more inspiring and fun posts. A few months ago, I bought a little plant growing kit from CVS. The kit I chose said it was seeds for a miniature rose. This just blossomed! I don't think it's a rose. Maybe some sort of daisy?? Anyways, it's cute and I'm surprised I got anything to grow!

My local quilt shop had a tent sale last week. It was so fun to go! I didn't buy too much since my fabric stash is too large as it is. I did buy a few yards of fabrics that I have ideas as to what to do with them. I just couldn't resist. Some of the fabrics were gorgeous!

I haven't been out to eat in ages. My husband and I went out this past weekend. This is chicken shawarma from our favorite Middle Eastern restaurant. I never finish my meal. I always have leftovers to bring home. It's so good!


 Here's a little update on my scrap project. I'm making 12.5 inch squares of just scraps to sew between the scrap blocks with the blue. It looks a little chaotic but I'm finally using up my scraps! It's nice to dig through a pile and use some of those small pieces. 

I hope you have a nice weekend! Hope the weather is good!

10 comments:

  1. You got a nice surprise with the little plant. You exhibited great restraint in not purchasing a lot more fabric at the tent sale...good for you! Nice progress on your scrap project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of cool stuff. That tent sale looks great. Swanson's has had a TON of quilting fabric lately, and I just can't add to my stash right now. I like your scrappy blocks. Your meal looks delicious. And I agree... that doesn't look like a traditional rose! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess it's a wild rose. I never even knew they existed!!

      Delete
  3. LOL your tent sale. There was a shop hop, but I decided to pass since I have other things I should be doing, than buying fabric. It looks like a small wild rose. Love your scrap project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette. I think you're right about it being a wild rose. I never even knew what that was! Haha!

      Delete
  4. I think Colette is right. A wild rose is flat like that. The tent sale looks like fun. I too would not be able to restrain myself. I love your crumb project.its amazing the vibe different crumbs give. I like your setting idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn. I think you're right about the rose. I like the crumb blocks on point but I'll audition a straight setting too. We'll see what the final look will be!

      Delete
  5. I think it's a lenten rose or a variety. The sale and the chicken look so so so enticing. what's shawarma taste like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chicken is grilled with spices. When served, tahini sauce is poured over it. So good! The chicken is never dry.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...