Thursday, May 19, 2022

I Like Thursday #141

Welcome to I Like Thursday. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more like minded happy posts. My friend, Sarah, made me this wall hanging when I moved into my new house over 20 years ago. It's one of my most prized possessions. I just washed it and hung it back up. I always think of her when I see it. Quilt friends are the best friends!

It's been so windy these past few days. This tree came down at the beginning of the development I live in. That wind just wouldn't let up. The tree has been cleared since this picture was taken. Scary!

I've never done redwork before but I bought this little table topper awhile ago. It's vintage hats reminiscent of Downton Abbey. I just started working on it. It's made up of 5 hats. It's such a relaxing project. I'm not sure I'm doing everything correctly but it looks okay!


My friend knows all about my book addiction. She just sent me a Kindle. Amazon sure makes it easy to order books. My Kindle is linked to my Amazon account as well as my Goodreads account. I receive all sorts of recommendations based on the books that I've read. These companies are so smart. No wonder they make so much money!

It's a cool and dreary day today. However, we expect temperatures in the 90's over the weekend. Crazy!! Have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Yes, this weather has been crazy lately! I like your redwork. And what a fun housewarming gift. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of nice likes
    I never tried redwork either but love it. Yes our weather is nuts. Enjoy the weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The redwork is fun. It's not very hard and doesn't take too long. I found a Downton Abbey fat quarter for the back! It's a good thing I horde/save fabric!!

      Delete
  3. Love your redwork! Yup the weather in Pennsylvania is loco too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Enjoy the weather if it's not too bad! We're supposed to get into the high 90's on Sunday!

      Delete
  4. Home Sweet Home is so nice; what a lovely gift. I'm a fan of Redwork and love these hats. My mother's advice about embroidery was the keep the stitches as small as I could make them. I'm still bigger than Jenny of Elefantz who makes very tiny neat stitches. Crazy weather here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I'm trying to make the stitches small but it's my first Redwork project so I tend to forget! I do like it so I might try another project.

      Delete
  5. Just a day or two after you posted this, there was a tornado north of me a couple of hours. My kids were 20 minutes away from it, looking for a home. Sweet quilt, no wonder you love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope everyone is okay. My friend made me such a cute gift!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...