Monday, July 11, 2022

Quilted Swoon


I finished quilting Swoon over the weekend. I was almost afraid to see how it would look once it was off the longarm. I'll have to say I was pleasantly surprised! It looked good once I could see the entire design. There are a few things I would do differently but over all, it's good!

This is just a close up of one of the Swoon blocks. Each block was quilted the same.


This shows the different patterns I quilted between the blocks. I used my boomerang ruler and free motion quilting. The ruler makes curved crosshatching easy since there are markings to follow. I don't mark the quilt at all.


 This part was the hardest. I marked a 10 inch square and made the curved outline for the cross hatching 2 inches within the square. The feathers were hard since they all meet the curves at different angles. I had it all written down and had to follow my master plan which didn't always work. I figured you can always rip out stitches and sew again and no one will know! It sure came in  handy!! But it's done and waiting for binding!

8 comments:

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...