Thursday, July 21, 2022

I Like Thursday #149

It's time for I Like Thursday! LeeAnna, over at Not Afraid of Color, hosts a bunch of us bloggers to post happy and uplifting posts. This one is bittersweet for me. My son got engaged to his long time girlfriend. I knew they'd probably get married but it still shocked me a little! No date has been set and they're not in any rush so maybe next year?! I'm going to be Mother of the Groom! How did that happen? I feel I was a bride not too long ago. (38 years is a long time  ago!) I'm happy for Ben and 
Tanzy. I'm just a little sad for me since it's a great reminder that time is moving so fast. 


It's very hot today. It's about 92 degrees. I was a little surprised when I got in my car and saw this temperature! My car was only sitting outside for about half an hour. The air is just so thick and heavy. I'm staying indoors for the rest of the day!


We were asked to post our favorite kitchen gadget by LeeAnna. I love this little 2oz measuring cup. You can even measure per tablespoon. (The markings are on in the inside of the cup.) I use this all the time and it comes in quite handy.


Today was my last tutoring session until September. My student is going back to Turkey for 6 weeks. She gifted me this African Violet that she brought from Turkey originally. I hope I don't kill it! I'll miss our weekly meetings but it will be nice to be off for the rest of the summer. 

I hope you all have a great weekend and find somewhere cool!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to your son! That measuring cup looks neat. Good luck with the African violet - it's a pretty little plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary! Congrats to your son and his finance. What a sweet gift from your tutoring student. Stay cool! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Roseanne! I'm trying to find a nice engagement gift for them. This is all new to me!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to the wonderful couple! Exciting times.That is a nifty little gadget. How nice to be gifted a plant too. Stay hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! This heat just won't stop! Thank goodness for air conditioning!

      Delete
  4. Your blog is like a compass that guides readers through the vast sea of information. Your commitment to providing well-researched content and helping readers navigate complex subjects is truly appreciated. Keep up the excellent work!
    homespares discount code

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...