Thursday, July 28, 2022

I Like Thursday #150


It's time once again for I Like Thursday. LeeAnna from Not Afraid of Color is our hostess every week. You can visit her page to find links to more uplifting and fun posts. I started quilting the antique quilt top I bought years ago. It's full of bulk so quilting this one will be a challenge. I decided to use beadboard in the border. My thread matches the fabric so closely that it's hard for me to see. I started shining a light from the side. I love the look of this! It's a bit time consuming but worth it. I use a ruler with 1/4" markings and don't mark the quilt top at all.


It's been so hot and humid here. However, it never fails that whenever I sit on the couch, Lily gets right up next to me and falls asleep. I've tried to move away from her but she just gets back to her usual position. I'm just getting used to being hot!


I'm not much of a drinker but we went out to an Asian restaurant last week and I ordered a Mai Tai. It was so good! I'd like to go back more for the drink more than the food although the food was good too!


LeeAnna's prompt this week was asking what we wore most during the summer. I wear shorts and short sleeved tops. These are my favorite shorts. They're from J Jill and remind me of batik and sashiko. They're a nice light weight cotton and feel very comfortable no matter how hot it gets.

This week was nice and quiet although quite hot. I hope you all have a great weekend as well as nice weather!

7 comments:

  1. The beadboard looks great! A true snuggler will snuggle no matter what the temperature. Whew! Those shorts look really comfy. I can see why they're your favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! That quilt is a bit of a challenge.

      Delete
  2. Maitais.... omgosh, now I want one! It used to be my fave drink. Awe, kitties on laps are a great feeling not to mention excuse for not doing anything else. LOVE those shorts and I am currently wearing a JJIll top! Love JJIll's clothes... fun and stylish but classic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! I love the clothes at JJill. They look nice but are also very comfortable!

      Delete
  3. That quilting is beautiful! THat's a great way to highlight it so we could see. I don't drink either but a fruity one sounds delicious. I too love JJill's clothes and I also love the design on your shorts....definitely shashiko inspired. Lovely kittie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! I really enjoyed that drink!

      Delete
  4. Pet cuddles are the best even if it is hot!

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...