Monday, August 1, 2022

Antique Quilt Top Quilting


I made some progress on the antique quilt top I loaded last week. I wanted to highlight that circle formed in the middle of each block. I just quilted lines up and down in the circle as well as the triangles in each corner. I quilted arcs in the square areas.


I wanted to keep the quilting traditional and keep away from modern motifs. I decided to quilt feathers in the alternate blocks. This is a half block.


This is a corner quarter block. I'm trying to keep the quilting simple and classic. It's so nice that there's minimal marking to quilt this top. I'm hoping to keep it quick! It's so hard to see some of my quilting. I feel simple is the way to go!

How can it be August 1??? Where did July go??

4 comments:

  1. Your quilting is beautiful. Gonna be gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I'm trying to suck up that extra fabric. It's quite the job !!

      Delete
  2. What lovely quilting--those feathers are beautiful--this will be a wonderful quilt...
    I know "tempus fugit" for sure--how can it be August already?
    Stay cool--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! I heard the next few days are going to be really bad. I'm staying inside!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...