Monday, August 15, 2022

Quilting a Wavy Border


I knew this antique quilt top was going to be a challenge to me. Look at this border. So much fabric! This picture makes it look better than it actually was! I didn't know what to do with all that extra fabric.


Here's another view. I ripped out my quilting a few times because I saw a few puckers. I decided to stretch out the fabric and pin it so the bulk was spread out evenly throughout the area I was quilting. 

After a few attempts, I finally got it right! It looks so much better and finally lays flat. I'm about 2/3 done with this quilt. I'm hoping there aren't many more of these areas as I advance the quilt. I want this quilt to lay nice and flat once I'm done and take it off the longarm. I'm saying a little prayer until it's finished!

 

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done with that extra fabric--I guess the "wavey border" problem has been around for a while;))) Yours looks perfect now..hugs, Julieroe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I've been guilty of wavey borders myself but not as bad as this.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn!! I hope there aren't too many more areas like this left on the quilt. It's a pain to deal with.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...