Thursday, August 4, 2022

I Like Thursday #151


It's time for I Like Thursday! Every week a group of us bloggers try to post happy and uplifting ideas. LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color is our lovely hostess! Go visit her page to find more like minded posts. As you know, my son got engaged a few weeks ago. I bought these Waterford Toasting Flutes as an engagement gift. I visited Ireland right before I got engaged many years ago. I bought Waterford crystal for my future home. I was trying to keep the tradition going! My future daughter-in-law is Irish so I thought it was fitting!



My son and his fiancee had dinner here this past weekend. They brought this delicious Dutch Apple Pie from a bakery called The Black Forest. It was so good! Of course, it's already gone. Good stuff doesn't last too long around here!


This week's prompt from LeeAnna was about how we protect ourselves from the sun. To be perfectly honest, I try to stay out of the sun. I often sit on my deck but I'm usually in the shade. I don't garden either. However, I do love this wrinkle cream that also has SPF 30. I use the Dr. Dennis Gross line of products so I usually get this for the summer. 


 I've been trying to decide whether or not to open an Etsy shop. I make things and gift them but I think I have enough items I could sell also. I bought this book to give me a little insight into how Etsy works. I just started reading it. I'll let you know what I decide!

It's so hot out there. It's 95 degrees right now and we could hit 100. I'm staying indoors near my air conditioner! Have a wonderful weekend and keep cool!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilting on that antique quilt. Love that very special gift you have there. I think it would be exciting to open a shop. You certainly have the talent to produce beautiful items that folks would admire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waterford crystal is such pretty stuff! That apple pie looks delicious! Good luck with the Etsy store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! We'll see how the Etsy shop goes, if at all!!

      Delete
  3. Our heat has broken, just the usual heat here now. Hope yours has too. I think the crystal flutes are beautiful and very thoughtful. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susie. I'm hoping our weather improves too.

      Delete
  4. That pie looks delicious! I'm not familiar with that brand of sun protective skin cream. Off to investigate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeannie! I use Dr. Gross products for all my facial moisturizing as well as anti-aging needs! Which I need a lot!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful gift of Waterford crystal. That pie does look good. You didn't save me a piece? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosemary! Oh, those Waterford crystal glasses are just gorgeous. What a nice tradition to pass on, and it's particularly fitting if your daughter-in-law-to-be is Irish. That pie looks delicious! Good luck with your Etsy shop if you decide to open one. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Roseanne! We're planning an engagement party. So much to do!

      Delete

Alaska and Ruler Work

 The 4th row for Alaska is ready to be sewn to the rest of the quilt. I saw a picture of Alaska online that included a pieced border using o...