Thursday, August 18, 2022

I Like Thursday #153

It's time for I Like Thursday! LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color is our hostess. Go visit her page to link up to more fun and uplifting posts. This week's prompt asks us about what sandals/shoes we enjoy wearing in the summer. Because I've worked in hospitals most of my life, I rarely bought sandals. We could never wear them to work. I used to wear espadrilles which are on the left side of the picture. However, this year I bought myself sandals for the first time! I bought these from Famous Footwear. They're so comfortable and so easy to slip in and out of. I really enjoyed wearing sandals this year. It's just another perk of retiring!


This is an aerial view of our vegetable garden. I took the picture from the deck. Our tomato plants are bursting with tomatoes! They're in the middle of the picture. We have potatoes on the right side. I'm hoping there are potatoes in the soil but who knows! The plants did fill in nicely on top. One the left we have cucumbers and egg plants. The last time I looked, they're doing well and have a good amount of veggies growing. 

I finally broke down and ordered a new laptop. I've had this one for ages and it's just getting too old. I've always used my fingers on the little pad but my husband got me this mouse and said it's so much better. Any thoughts?? I never had a problem using my fingers and just thought I'd continue when I got my new computer.


This is much greener than the picture is showing. I don't have many reproduction fabrics but I felt the antique quilt top I'm quilting needed this for the binding. It looks like it will fit in nicely with all the other fabrics featured in the quilt. This quilt top has so many different fabrics. It made it sort of easy to choose the binding as long as it was a repro fabric.

It's so nice and cool today! The temps are in the 70's with no humidity. It's also a little windy. I'm almost cold but I like it! Have a great weekend!

 

6 comments:

  1. jealous of your temps. Pretty sandals and hooray for retirement! Jealous also of your tomatoes... no vege will grow here for me, wah! The bell peppers have blooms that won't open still. Love to slip into a shoe !
    Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hasn't the weather been nicer lately? (although we still need more rain) Garden looks great! Oddly, I'm fine with the touch pad on my laptop, but for work, I really need the mouse. It depends on how finely I need to move things with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been better! I'll have to see if the mouse if helpful. Hope we get rain soon!!

      Delete
  3. Hip! Hip! Hooray! for retirement! I love being able to slip in and out of my sandals too. Easy for sewing! My brother is growing potatoes for the first time this year. He says waiting is the hardest part. I believe he said he'll be digging his up next month and seeing what he got! Hoping only happy surprises for you and him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to not have to work! It still feels a little weird but it's good! The top of the potatoes looks good but we'll see what's under there!

      Delete

Alaska and Ruler Work

 The 4th row for Alaska is ready to be sewn to the rest of the quilt. I saw a picture of Alaska online that included a pieced border using o...