Monday, August 8, 2022

Antique Feathers

I decided on quilting feathers in the plain blocks of my antique quilt. I divide the quilt diagonally and through the middle.  These lines give me a stem for the feathers while the other lines are a guide to the width of the feathers. It's difficult for me to fill the whole block with feathers. These feathers are big and I'm much better at quilting smaller feathers! I don't mind having the corners free of quilting. I think it still looks good.


 Here's a view of a row of feather filled blocks. I like it and feel it fits in with the antique look of the quilt top. 

It's too hot today. I don't have much energy even though I have central A/C. It's just miserable out there! 

4 comments:

  1. Your feathers are beautiful. It brings such life to the top. Fabulous job as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it awful out there??? Phew--AC for us for sure!!
    Your feathers are gorgeous--they are just perfect for the antique quilt--nice work hugs in the AC Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! This quilt is going much faster than I expected.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...