Monday, September 5, 2022

A Couple of Finishes

Happy Labor Day! It's raining and on the cool side but that's okay! I got to sew today and we need the rain very badly. I finished my crumb quilt top a few days ago. This is one big quilt! It measures 110" X 90"!  It's huge! I didn't realize it was going to be so big. I decided to add sashing and cornerstones and I think that just added to the size. My longarm has a 12 foot frame so I'll be fine! I'm glad I added that yellow fabric. I think it adds a lot to this quilt top.

I quilted my table topper yesterday. I thought it would take a few days but it only took a few hours. I quilted lines one inch apart in the middle portion. I echoed lines in the triangles along the edge. The yellow/orange triangle has 3 arcs per side that were space half an inch apart. 

For some reason the quilting on the black kite shape doesn't show up so I took a closeup picture. I made arcs along each of the lines with a little wishbone in the middle. Nothing too crazy but enough to make it look nice! It's a little too early to put up Halloween decorations but I'm ready this year! I'm starting a new project. I hope to have a few pictures next time I post.

6 comments:

  1. i like the yellow additions a lot--we both seem to be on the "yellow" road these days ;))). That fancy quilting on your table topper is just beautiful...nice work hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Yes, yellow seems to be the color today.

      Delete
  2. The yellow border is the perfect addition to your quilt. Compliments the dark background nicely. Gorgeous quilting on the table topper!

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...