Thursday, September 29, 2022

I Like Thursday #159



It's time for I Like Thursday once again! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to read fun posts from other bloggers. I took this picture of the sky last week. The colors in this photo do not duplicate the gorgeous reds and pinks but gives you an idea. We were on the edge of a storm cloud. This was the result as the storm passed and the sun was setting. So pretty!


I don't go to Michael's very often but I went there last week and bought this little fall arrangement. I thought it was just perfect for this time of year. (And it was 50% off!!)


This week's prompt is a beauty product you love and can't live without. I've been using this eyeliner and concealer forever! I went to the Lancome counter when I was in college and I always return there for new products as well as advice.  They never disappoint! I've tried a few different eyeliner colors but I always go back to this brown shade. The concealer covers well and lasts all day.


Here are my 64 string blocks! I'm done! I'll arrange them in an 8X8 arrangement with some sort of border. For now, I'm so happy to be done. The blocks measure 10.5" square. They really didn't take that long. I would make 3-4 daily with no problem. My scraps do look a little less but not by much! I think I'm stuck with my scraps no matter what I do!

Have a wonderful weekend! It's definitely Fall weather in Massachusetts!

 

12 comments:

  1. Your blocks look good! What a great way to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! I'm always on a mission to use up my scraps!

      Delete
  2. Lots of pretty sun photos this week! Yay for all the blocks being done. I look forward to seeing it laid out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I'll be taking my time setting up my blocks. I used some fabrics a lot and want to make sure they're not too close to each other.

      Delete
  3. It seems like the clouds and skies are more dramatic these days. That is a perfect little fall arrangement, a bargain. How nice to have your blocks all done. I will look forward to seeing how you set these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little fall arrangement. I still need to get my fall decor out - maybe this weekend. Those string blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Lancome! I like that concealer too. The eyeliner was a fave til my eyes got so hooded it just wears off immediately. Great sky shot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! I discovered Lancome while in college and I'm still using it!

      Delete
  6. I need to find a new concealer. I've been wearing Merle Norman since I first started wearing make-up... a long time ago. My favorite concealer is now discontinued and I can't anything I like. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...