Sunday, September 18, 2022

Weekend Sewing


I'm having a quiet weekend. It was cold yesterday but warm and humid today. I decided to try and catch up on a few things. I thought I'd sew down the binding on this antique quilt.


I chose this repro dark olive green fabric with gold specks. I'm not sure why I settled on green but after I bought it I was having doubts. I decided to just sew it on and get something done! I liked it better once it was sewn onto the quilt. It looks better than I expected.

I have a few quilts that have had the binding sewn down by hand but no labels. I took some time to make 3 labels so now I have no excuse to finish up those quilts! I don't consider my quilts done until the labels are on and they've been washed. Almost there!

6 comments:

  1. I really like the color of that binding, Rosemary..and your little labels are
    so cute--nice work...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great labels! The binding color works well. Crazy almost-Autumn weather~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect binding for that stunning quilt. I have a few quilts that still need labels. One day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I always put off adding labels. Not sure why, they're not that difficult.

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...