Thursday, September 1, 2022

I Like Thursday #155

Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to find more uplifting and fun blogposts. Our prompt this week was to remember what school supply you looked forward to buying at the beginning of the school year. I'll have to say I couldn't remember that far back! I got the idea to look up vintage pencil cases. When I saw this, I remembered having the whole set! I had the binder and pencil case but mine had a blue background. I loved the look of these pennants. I do remember looking forward to buying new colored pencils. I have no idea what brand. Those pennants brought back some great school memories!


I finished my crazy socks! It was fun using up small balls of yarn but I still have lots left! I guess scraps are a problem in lots of hobbies. Whenever I wash homemade socks, I dry them on a form. That's why they look so nice!


I'm starting to think ahead to the holidays. I bought this cute little charm pack from Kimberbell. I'm leaning towards making a table runner. Not sure yet.


I had the best drink this past weekend! It was peach flavored sangria and it was so good! We went out to dinner and I couldn't pass it up! Very refreshing!

That's the week that was. Have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Oh your socks are delightful!!! I can't remember any school supplies from childhood either but good for you for having a memory stimulated by the pencil case! That Christmas fabric bundle is adorable! can't wait to see what you do with it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! I don't think we had as many choices for school supplies as they do today. There's so much more stuff out there now!

      Delete
  2. Those socks look fun (and warm!). Christmas fabric! I'm still in disbelief that summer is over. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! The summer goes by way too fast. Winter seems to last forever.

      Delete
  3. Those socks are wonderful and won't be long and we will be needing them! Pencil cases figure in my memories as well. I always had to hang on to them because things did not get replaced as easily back when I was young...the olden days. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I had fun knitting those socks. I had no idea what they would look like when finished. I think I had those pennant supplies for years! You're right, no replacement for years! Nothing lasts as long nowadays. Sort of sad!

      Delete
  4. peach sangria!!!! now I need some right now! I had the notebook pencil bag and it was always stuffed with erasers, pens, pencils, scissors, etc. Your socks are just adorable. Where you add the color, is it still stretchy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peach sangria was so good! The socks are still stretchy where the color changes. I tried to gradually change the color so there was a little transition instead of just an abrupt change. I'll be wearing them when the weather cools off!! So glad you like them!

      Delete
  5. I used to LOVE getting new school supplies but couldn't tell you what my favorite was...back in the day. Love your socks, I've never knitted any. I look forward to seeing what you make with Cup of Cheer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I love knitting but it's always a pain to finish one sock just to have to start all over again to knit up it's mate!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...