Monday, October 3, 2022

Drunken Feathers on Garlic Knots


I've been busily sewing but I can't show you! I'm working on Christmas gifts and I can't post any pictures. I try to start early since I've had to scramble in the past. I learned my lesson and start early now! However, I can show you that I loaded my Garlic Knots quilt onto the longarm. I had thought of doing custom quilting on this one but decided against it. It's a scrap quilt and measure 92" X 92". I think a pantograph is the way to go!


 I thought this pantograph would look great on it. It's called Drunken Feathers and I love it! I've used it before and looks nice when done. I usually practice the design without engaging the needle until I feel comfortable enough with the pattern. I hope to get the actual quilting started sometime later this week in between my Christmas projects!!

6 comments:

  1. Good on you starting your Christmas sewing already.....I hope to as well, very soon!! That's a lovely panto for your Garlic Knot quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garlic Knots is so pretty--I'll bet that quilting will really look great--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just did my first pass this morning and it looks good so far!

      Delete
  3. Drunken Feathers is a nice panto for your scrappy quilt. I look forward to being setup again so I can get a head start on gifts. I don't expect anyone will get anything handmade from me this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned my lesson and start earlier than I used to. They always take longer than you think!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...