Monday, October 31, 2022

Happy Halloween


Happy Halloween! I can't believe it's already the end of October. I have candy ready and waiting for tonight's trick or treaters. I've been laying low the last couple of days. I got the Covid bivalent booster as well as the flu shot this past Thursday. I started feeling a little better yesterday. It's always rough for a couple of days but worth it in the end.

While sitting on the couch, I've been working on my applique pieces for Carrie Hall's Sampler quilt. The second block is called Sadie's Choice Rose. I'm making it my own way. The directions wanted me to piece the center but I decided to applique it instead. I hope my method works!


 This is the wide back I bought for the blue and yellow scrap quilt I made a while ago. Since it's 110" long, I had to buy more than my usual 3 yard pack. It was on sale at Keepsake Quilting. If you're ever looking for wide back fabrics, check them out. They have great prices and deliver very quickly.

Have a great Halloween!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween!! Tom's on duty tonight as I just got home from my root canal--ouch!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you feel better! I was worried about you. I noticed you hadn't posted for awhile and was going to message you but I never got to it. So glad I heard from you!

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a nice Halloween. Love the colors in your wide back fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! Time to take down the Halloween decorations!

      Delete
  3. Hope you recover quickly, two shots at once is a big ask, here we hav e the flu shot separately spaced from the covid one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finally back to normal! When the Covid vaccine first came out, we had to wait 2 weeks for other vaccines. They changed it awhile ago. Not sure why but it does pack a punch!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...