Thursday, October 6, 2022

I Like Thursday #160


It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more likeminded bloggers. This week's prompt is apples! I don't usually go apple picking but I do like to make apple pie! I like apple crisp too. This is a pie I made a few years ago. My favorite apples are Honey Crisps. I usually use Granny Smith apples to make pies. There are quite a few apple farms in the area that have some great apples to choose from. 


We're having an engagement party this weekend so I had to go buy some decorations. My son and his fiancee have been planning this for awhile. We rented a tent and tables/chairs for outdoors. I'm hoping the weather cooperates! I will be posting pictures next week. It should be a fun day!

I started quilting Drunken Feathers on the Garlic Knot quilt. This is a close up of the pattern. It looks good so far! I'm enjoying quilting this. I've used this pantograph before so it's sort of easy.


I started a new applique project. I found a book in my quilt library which was Carrie Hall's Sampler. I needed a new hand project so decided to go for it. This block is huge! It's 21.5" square. I use the freezer paper method so that green leafy piece is all basted around freezer paper which makes it easy to handle. I will cut out the back and remove the freezer paper once it's all sewn down. This is not a fast project. 

That's my week! Enjoy the weekend!
 

8 comments:

  1. Yummy apple pie! Have fun with the engagement party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That apple pie looks great! Drunken feathers on the Garlic Knot quilt looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what a wonderful event you have to look forward to and it sounds like it will be quite a do. That is a very large block you have perfectly appliqued...I don't think I've ever worked on one that size. Are they all as large? I use the freezer paper method too. I will enjoy seeing your blocks, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! Yes, the applique blocks are all large. They're quite the challenge but I've got everything anchored down as best as I can.

      Delete
  4. Apple pie is one of my favorites but I've been making galettes over the last couple of years. Super easy. What method of applique' do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into galettes. Easier is always better! I use freezer paper. It works the best for me.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...