Monday, October 24, 2022

Oak Leaf and Cherries Block


I finished the first block of Carrie Hall's Sampler. It's called Oak Leaf and Cherries, It measures 20.5" square. This is definitely a slow project. This block took awhile for so many reasons. I use the freezer paper method so there's a lot of preparation before I actually get to applique. The leaf piece is one big piece and I was so afraid of any part of it shifting. It seems to be okay! 


This is the book I'm using to make this quilt. Of course, my colors will be a bit different than the cover quilt. I hope I'm updating the look although I do like the vintage colors of the past. I'm using stash for most of my applique fabric. The next block has me a little confused but I'll figure it out. (eventually!)

 

6 comments:

  1. this is just lovely, Rosemary! It looks very challenging... nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose. This is a nice and relaxing project.

      Delete
  2. I love an oak leaf applique. I need to pick up an applique project. This is a great one Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn. I find applique projects so satisfying! They don't have to be perfect and they always look good!

      Delete
  3. This is going to be a fun one to follow. I'm especially looking forward to seeing your fabric selections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. I'm using lots of fabric from my stash but will buy specific fabrics if I need to.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...